What is The Great Year?
You may have heard of the concept of the Age Of Aquarius and how all the changes the world is going through are due to the transition into it.
But did you know that it’s actually just a macrocosm of the same cyclical living concept that we work with on the Wheel Of The Year?
In this episode of the Alchemy Of Affluence Podcast, I’m joined by Zoe Hind, one of my favorite astrologers, and one of my early influences when I first started my Wheel Of The Year journey.
I first discovered Zoe back in 2014 or so through her YouTube series with Laura Daligan called The Witches Zodiac. In the series, they demonstrated how the pagan sabbats and the zodiac year are intrinsically linked, and how to utilize their natural energies to experience more fulfillment in your life and spiritual practice.
Zoe teaches cyclical living not only through the seasons of the year, but also through what’s called The Great Year – the 25,800 year cycle consisting of twelve ages… And you guessed it – Each age in the great year is ruled by one of the same twelve zodiac signs that rule our twelve month zodiac year.
Much like we do with the month of Aquarius in late January through early February, as a collective, we’re experiencing overarching themes of humanitarianism, individualism, rebellion, inventiveness, independence, intellect and innovation.
By combining these overarching themes with what we’re experiencing in the Wheel Of The Year and with our own personal transits, we’re able to channel our energy into expanding our lives and expanding the horizons of humanity together.
We invite you to grab a cup of something cozy and join us for this expansive conversation about:
- How observing the passing of the seasons helps us to learn how to be in the right place at the right time.
- Escaping from the time constriction of liner thinking.
- Simplifying astrology, and bringing more purpose into the pagan sabbats.
- Reclaiming the feminine in astrology after centuries of patriarchal interpretations, and reclaiming the feminine, nurturing power of the Earth signs.
- Differences between Wiccan and Druidic seasonal beliefs.
- The balance of manifesting and “un-manifesting” based on the seasonal energies.
- How to place the sabbats in your birth chart to create a personal calendar and derive a deeper individual meaning.
- Calculating and celebrating your own astrological personal new year.
- Working with tarot and embodying archetypes of your inner self to aid you in learning astrology.
- What lockdown had to do with manifestation, The Great Year and the Age Of Aquarius.
We invite you to watch or listen here:
So what are your thoughts about the topics we touched upon in this conversation?
I would love to know what your experience has been with a The Great Year, cyclical living, or literally anything else that this conversation may have sparked in your mind.
I invite you to let me know in the comments.
Need more Alchemy Of Affluence Podcast in your life?
I invite you to subscribe on your favorite platforms:
Become A Sponsor
Donate any amount to help keep the magick coming! I appreciate your support so much!
Or Join Me On Patreon!
Want to get printables, and other goodies from my shop in the mail each month?
Patrons also get engage in discussion prompts in community with me, and to suggest what content I create next!
Did you enjoy this post?
If so, I invite you to check out this one next: