What is “spiritual naturalism?”
If you’ve found your way to this podcast, chances are, the way you interact with life could fall under the umbrella of “spiritual naturalism,” which is the concept of synthesizing the mundane and the transcendent – Or that “virtue consists in a will that is in agreement with Nature.”
In this podcast episode, I’ve invited my witchy BFF Ashera DeRosa (Whole Stories Therapy) to chat about the holistic practice of “spiritual naturalism” and the importance of working intuitively with natural patterns, cycles and phases to make healthy and sustainable life choices.
If you’ve been around my neck of the woods for a while, you may remember Ashera from our old podcast called Pick Your Potion, where we used to get together on every seasonal sabbat to drink coctails and talk about how to see the magickal in the mundane.
Now Ashera has founded Whole Stories Therapy, and is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, writer, and educator. With a background in peer-to-peer sexual health education and violence prevention advocacy, she holds a bachelor’s degree in Global Gender Studies and a Master’s of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy.
Ashera’s therapeutic style is bespoke, collaborative, sex positive, and identity affirming. She works to create an inclusive space through practicing cultural humlity and providing client-centered care with a social justice lens. She is kink and poly knowledgeable and LGBTQ+ celebrating. She’s also a wife, a witch and a mom of two cats and twin toddlers.
We invite you to grab something cozy or refreshing to drink, and join us for this inspiring conversation where we’re touching upon:
- The holistic practice of “spiritual naturalism” and the importance of working intuitively with natural patterns, cycles and phases to make healthy and sustainable life choices.
- Tapping into our inner child (or spending time with children) to remember the simple wonders of nature and life.
- How learning a little more about your astrology chart can help you achieve more balance and self-acceptance.
- Witchy parenting and relationship tips and some simple home and kitchen magick and how to weave positive intention into your everyday life.
- Working with the seasons and moon phases to grow a business or advance your career.
- And some Swedish Christmas traditions from Ashera’s family of origin.
So what are your thoughts about the topics we touched upon in this conversation?
I would love to know what your experience has been with a spiritual naturalism, merging the magickal with the mundane, or literally anything else that this conversation may have sparked in your mind.
I invite you to let me know in the comments.
Need more Alchemy Of Affluence Podcast in your life?
I invite you to subscribe on your favorite platforms:
Become A Sponsor
Donate any amount to help keep the magick coming! I appreciate your support so much!
Or Join Me On Patreon!
Want to get printables, and other goodies from my shop in the mail each month?
Patrons also get engage in discussion prompts in community with me, and to suggest what content I create next!
Did you enjoy this post?
If so, I invite you to check out this one next: