How To Work With Our Ancestors…
Even if you’re not into spirit work!
If you were to ask me where I first get my natural witchiness from, I’d tell you I got it from my mother… Even though she doesn’t resonate with the word ‘witch’ lol!
Labels aside, my mom is definitely a highly magickal person, and in this episode of the Alchemy Of Affluence Podcast, I’m finally sharing an interview with her! With November’s Eve season well underway, I thought this week was the perfect time to share this recording we did when I visited my mother last winter.
My mom, Lisa, has always had what she calls a “photographic memory,” being able to remember the acute details of things that took place many moons ago. She’s also an epic storyteller and our self-proclaimed family historian.
She’s living out her natural talents and passions both in her “day job” work with historic preservation, and in her blossoming hobby of piecing together the stories of the past through ancestry research.
We invite you to join us for this discussion about:
- “Photographic memory”
- The concept of the “djeli or griot” – The West African community storyteller.
- Some of our family ancestry.
- Hunting for family history using document research now available online.
- The power of looking to our family history for shadow work – To better understand and appreciate some of our own experiences and tendencies.
- My mom’s and grandmother’s intuitive gifts.
- Rediscovering the lost history of African American families.
- The link between ancestry, cultural heritage and manifestation.
- My mom’s beliefs about ancestor spirit guides on the other side of the veil.
- A spooky folktale that relates to one of my ancestors, and more!
We invite you to grab some tea or cider (or mine and my mom’s mutual favorite – wine!) and join us by my mom’s cozy fireplace for this magickal conversation.
So, what is your experience with ancestral work?
Are you planning to journal on ancestors this season?
Are you also looking to connect with myself and other magickal mavens as you embody your most fulfilled version of yourself this season?
If so, I would love to invite you to join us on Patreon! If you choose to join any tier in October, you’ll get access to November’s Eve themed grimoire pages.
And we’ll be doing our Late Autumn Seasonal Living Challenge and connecting with kindred spirits with discussion prompts. This challenge is for the Grimoire Goodies tier, Magickal Mavens tier and the Writing Witch Subscription Box tiers on Patreon.
Every Wednesday for the five weeks around Samhain, I’ll be posting a prompt to help you maximize your fulfillment by harnessing the themes of the sabbat.
Patrons who post a response to every discussion prompt will be entered to win a package of paper craft goodies from my shop!
All you need to do to participate is be aware that…
- The challenge begins on the third Wednesday in October when the first post goes live. There will be one challenge post per week for five weeks leading up to the final post which will come out in mid-November.
- Challenge prompts will always be posted on Wednesdays around 11AM EST.
- A winner will be selected randomly one week after the 5th and final prompt is posted.
If you’re not already an eligible patron, I invite you to sign up now! I’m so excited to get to know you better as we share our experiences with the seasons! I hope to see you there! November’s Eve blessings to you!
Need more Alchemy Of Affluence Podcast in your life?
I invite you to subscribe on your favorite platforms:
Become A Sponsor
Donate any amount to help keep the magick coming! I appreciate your support so much!
Or Join Me On Patreon!
Want to get printables, and other goodies from my shop in the mail each month?
Patrons also get engage in discussion prompts in community with me, and to suggest what content I create next!
Did you enjoy this post?
If so, I invite you to check out this one next: