Does The Wheel Of The Year Not Resonate With You?
My motto as The Writing Witch is “magick is the power to write your own story.”
Well part of having the power to write your own story is crafting beliefs, habits, rituals and traditions that play to your strengths and speak to your truths.
As the great Kelly Ann Maddox once said, “belief is a tool.” And I believe that we each have our own unique ways of embracing (or not embracing) various tools and modalities. As non-conforming spiritualists, we don’t have an overarching religion to tell us what to do and why. So it’s up to each of us to explore and observe ideas that inspire us to see how they are (or are not) helpful to us.
This darkening, enchanting and mysterious time of year between November’s Eve and the Winter Solstice is a great time (I believe, anyway!) to look within and learn to better understand what our beliefs are, how they’re serving us, and how we can embrace them to aid in becoming our next best version for the new year ahead.
To chat about how to “break the rules” of seasonal living in a way that isn’t necessarily confined to the box of the traditional eight seasonal sabbats, I’ve invited my friend Luchiana Lyra (The Possibility Dept.) for this episode of the Alchemy Of Affluence Podcast.
Luchiana is a Skeptical Mystic, and the creator behind “The Possibility Department”, a space where Logic and Spirit comfortably cross paths.
She creates podcasts, workshops, programs and courses with the goal of leading folks to their own unique personal practice, beyond the standards or systems of any one path.
In this outside-the-box conversation about cyclical living, we’re chatting about:
- A totally alternative perspective on seasonal living for when the traditional Wheel Of The Year isn’t resonating.
- Selecting and/or crafting pagan holidays and seasonal checkpoints based on your own personal truth.
- Embracing the solstices and playing with the idea of the Sun being our “god” from both a spiritual and scientific perspective.
- Harnessing the power of gratitude, resourcefulness and acceptance in reclaiming the magick of seasons or phases that used to trigger you.
- Manifesting with the wheel of the year based on your own energy levels throughout the year, regardless of the traditional sabbats system.
- Working with themes of the year and how it’s more sustainable than pop culture resolution traditions.
- Embracing other holidays and “sabbats” outside of the 8 solstices, equinoxes and cross-quarters, such as Day Of The Dead or your own birthday.
- Working with the “new year” checkpoints of various cultures, traditions and modalities to make an entire season out of sustainably growing into a new version of yourself.
- Musings about personal astrology and living seasonally.
- A psycho-spiritual way of looking at tradition, ritual and faith in magickal concepts.
We invite you to cozy up with something hot (or cold!) to drink for this non-traditional approach to a fulfilling seasonal lifestyle.
Need more Alchemy Of Affluence Podcast in your life?
I invite you to subscribe on your favorite platforms:
Become A Sponsor
Donate any amount to help keep the magick coming! I appreciate your support so much!
Or Join Me On Patreon!
Want to get printables, and other goodies from my shop in the mail each month?
Patrons also get engage in discussion prompts in community with me, and to suggest what content I create next!
Did you enjoy this post?
If so, I invite you to check out this one next: